The summit of memories
Nendaz is joining forces with the CFF, RailAway, RegionAlps and CarPostal to offer you a pass combining travel on Swiss Federal Railways, RegionAlps and CarPostal (busses) as well as access to the Tracouet gondola lift. Pristine natural surroundings can be reached by public transport at very attractive fares.
From 3 June to 29 October 2023, the "summit of memories" offer can be booked on the RailAway platform. It offers the possibility of combining any type of ticket (ordinary ticket, day ticket, supersaver ticket, GA) with a 30% discount on the return gondola ride between Haute-Nendaz and Tracouet.
The offer must be purchased before departure either online on the SBB website, at the SBB counter or at the SBB Contact Center.
It is easy to get there via public transport, firstly by train to Sion station, then by bus to Haute-Nendaz with around 15 daily connections, and finally by gondola to Tracouet.
ACTIVITES AVAILABLE AT TRACOUET
The magical site of Tracouet with its mysterious Lac Noir is the starting point for many walks such as the panoramic path, the ascent of the Dent de Nendaz and a discovery tour of the multi-centenary Larch trees of Balavaux. And to experience a world of tradition, on the 24th of July the Alphorn Festival takes place here, where almost 150 players play this ancestral instrument in its natural Alpine setting.
- For familles : the panoramic path to take in the view and make hiking fun (1h of walking)
- For all levels of hiker : a walk to the Balavaux mountain pasture in the municipality of Isérables and its hundred-year-old Larch trees (2h50 of walking), among them the largest in Europe with a circumference of 11.8 m
- For the more sporty : a climb up to the Dent de Nendaz to get a little higher in altitude (3h walking)
- For music lovers and folklore enthusiasts : the grand final of the International Alphorn Festival on the 23rd of July at Tracouet
- For nature lovers: the lake at Tracouet, a protected site with a unique ecosystem, home to a large population of amphibians and exceptional flora, and where red frogs and newts can easily be observed.
Nendaz-Veysonnaz Remontées Mécaniques, the CFF, RegionAlps and CarPostal are working closely together to offer you more special deals.