The skating rink of the Plaine des Ecluses awaits you, whether it's for your first steps, some pirouettes or with hockey sticks.
The ice has been replaced by a synthetic covering. The feeling of skating is similar to that on a traditional ice rink, and the same skates can be used there.
A synthetic ice rink presents the following advantages:
- movable: if a cooling system ultimately had to be installed, the synthetic ice rink purchased could be installed elsewhere.
- versatile: the boards of 1 x 2 metres are positioned and assembled on a flat and hard surface. This "puzzle" can therefore be modified and enlarged according to need and can take any shape.
- ecological: it will permit an economy of energy of 210,000 kWh and of 2,000 m3of water per season over five months of exploitation in comparison with an artificial skating rink which requires the creation of ice.
- flexible in terms of opening dates: it can be opened whatever the outdoor temperature.
The timetable of the skating rink can be varied from one week to another. It is therefore advisable, before going there, to consult it here below. Here are the opening hours for the coming month:
- Friday 18 October: 2 pm - 4:30 pm
- Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October: 10 am - 11:45 am and 2 pm - 4:30 pm (hockey sticks authorised in the morning)
- Monday 21 October: closed
- From Tuesday 22 to Sunday 27 October: 10 am - 11:45 am and 2 pm - 4:30 pm (hockey sticks authorised in the morning)
- Monday 28 October: closed
- From Tuesday 29 October to Sunday 3 November: 10 am - 11:45 am and 2 pm - 4:30 pm (hockey sticks authorised in the morning)