This third edition will take place on Saturday 8 August 2020.
For this third edition, it has been decided to re-trace all of the trails in order to optimise logistical organisation. In 2020 the 3 trails will therefore all have their departure point at Le Châble and arrival point at Verbier, only 8 km apart from one another.
They will all use the Col du Lein (1,685m) and the henceforth mythical Col de la Croix-de-Cœur (2,175m). According to the distance chosen (240km, 145km, 85km), the participants will traverse from three to twelve resorts and achieve an uphill climb varying from 2,850m to 8,200m. L'Ultrafondo, with its 240km and 8,200mD+, thus becomes the toughest one-day cycle race in the world.
Supported by the resorts of Verbier, Crans-Montana, Nendaz, Ovronnaz, Anzère, Vercorin, Nax, Saint-Martin, Hérémence, Thyon 2000, Veysonnaz, La Tzoumaz, and the towns of Conthey, Sion, Sierre and Martigny, le Tour des Stations (the Tour of the Resorts) runs through the enchanting landscapes of the Valais, high mountain vineyards, crossing natural pastures, authentic little villages and internationally known resorts.
Information for the spectators
In Haute-Nendaz,spectators can come and cheer on the cyclists along the routes de Bernoud and du Péroua (due to the Covid-19 pandemic, access is not allowed to the refreshments area located at the gondola departure station).
Times at which the planned passages are expected to pass in Nendaz :
- Ultrafondo (240 km, 8200 D+) : 13h10-18h47
- Grandfondo (145 km, 4750 D+) : 10h15-15h30
- Mediofondo (85 km, 2850 D+) : 10h09-12h10
- Beuson – Veysonnaz via Route de Nendaz/Route de Salins from 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
- Basse-Nendaz – Aproz via Sion (excepté accès à la Déchetterie) from 09:00 am to 12:00 am
- Pont de la Scie – Saclentse – Planchouet from 09:45 am to 06:30 pm
- Isérables – Les Crettaux from 10:00 am to 17:00 pm
- Tracouet Gondola via la Plaine des Ecluses from 11:00 am to 03:30 pm