This event offers a challenge that is truly unique : "Measure yourself in one single day by facing the equivalent variation in altitude as that of climbing Mount Everest"! The Tour of the resorts leads you through the enchanting landscapes of the Valais, from the vineyards to high mountain settings, crossing through natural pastures, small authentic villages and internationally renowned resorts. The event aims to establish itself as a Swiss Granfondo cycling race.
Four routes, including one specially designed for e-bikes, are offered with varying distances and levels of difficulty :
- Ultrafondo : 242 kilometres and 8'848 metres in positive variation in altitude
- Grandfondo : 133 kilometres and 4'700 metres in positive variation in altitude
- Mediofondo : 74 kilometres and 2'850 metres in positive variation fin altitude
- E-Fondo : 34 kilometres and 1'950 metres in positive variation in altitude
The four races start in Le Châble and finish in Verbier. They all take the Col du Lein (1'685 metres) and the now legendary Col de la Croix-de-Coeur (2'175 metres). With three routes crossing the resort, Nendaz organises every year a major refreshment stop at the gondola departure station.
- Car park with varying fees
- Accessible by public transport